The hemp plant is one of the most amazing eco-friendly plants known on the planet. Industrial grade hemp produces three times more fabric per acre than non-organic cotton, and is a natural for organic farming techniques. The hemp plant actually replenishes the soil it is grown in, leaving it richer in essential nutrients than before it was planted. It also grows extremely fast, so it’s an excellent crop in terms of productivity for the farmer. But it’s hemp’s wearability and texture that makes it a natural choice.
- Hemp is the original choice for organic clothing, with references to its use in organic clothing and textiles for over 12.000 years.
- Hemp denim was the chosen fabric for the first pair of Levi’s jeans. Hemp natural fibers are longer, stronger, more absorbent and more mildew-resistant than cotton. Organic clothing made of at least 50% hemp block the sun’s UV rays more effectively than other fabrics.
- Hemp wears 2-3x longer than any fiber, softens as you wear, and is more breathable than cotton.
- Hemp fiber has a porous nature allowing it to breath. Therefore it keeps you cool in the summer, and in the winter it traps air into the fiber keeping you warm.
- Hemp is known as the strongest fiber; over twice as strong as cotton.
- Hemp seeds are an excellent nutritional source.
- Hemp can be a natural resource for building materials, papermaking, and biodegradable plastics.
- Using the same amount of land, hemp produces 250% more fiber than cotton and 600% more fiber than flax.
- Hemp grows exceedingly well without pesticides or chemicals, actually enriching the soil and helping it to retain moisture.
Buy hemp clothes here:
RENT TØJ DK
VITAL HEMP US